Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Late to the party (but starting anyway)

An interesting and timely challenge came across my screen today as I browsed blogs while between layers of freshly applied paint.  It was the blogging for seven days challenge put out by Seth Godin. That official challenge ends tomorrow. Yes, I'm late to the party, but I'm not letting that stop me.

I only very recently began listening to Seth Godin's videos through Youtube, he happened to be on one of Dave Ramsey's videos. Dave Ramsey is someone I listen to fairly often, along with Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, and a few others, but it was the first time I'd listened to Seth while I worked away in the studio. Yes, that's me, late to the party again.

I'm late, but present nonetheless, and that is what matters. So much of what I heard in his videos this week really resonated with me... more than that, much of his material really switched on some lights.

Even though I am late to the party and the official party concludes tomorrow, I'm using this prompt nonetheless, but I shall apply it only in this blog and not on the official platform. Why? It's a matter of personal growth and development. I need to quit waiting for the perfect draft and just. Simply. Blog.  My story-telling needs to grow, as does my writing style, especially in the face of all that I plan to achieve this coming year.

My hope is this will provide the kick-start to get the gray matter and writing muscles moving. Consider this the first of a seven-day daily writing challenge.

No comments: